MEYSEN ACADEMY > OUR HISTORY
The vision to set up a kindergarten based on the best possible Christ-centered education.
Licensed by Miyagi Prefecture to set up a kindergarten.
Name for the incorporated educational institution:
Miyagi MeySen Academy
Name of the kindergarten:
The chairman of the board of trustees:
Carl L. Harrigan
Philip N. Broman
David J. Broman
Paul H. Broman
The first principal: Yuko Homma
The first entrance ceremony is comprised of two junior (kindergarten) classes and one senior (pre-school) class. Seventy-one children are enrolled.
- MeySen Friends Club is founded.
- Hall building construction is completed.
- Philip Broman becomes the second principal.
Twelve additional classes are added.
Barn construction is completed.
- The first "three-week study tour" is held in the U.S.
(The tour has been an annual event ever since.)
The first alumni meeting is held.
The first quarterly issue of "Friends Club News" is published.
MeySen is licensed by Miyagi Prefecture to establish Takamori MeySen Kindergarten.
- The first entrance ceremony is held at Takamori MeySen Kindergarten (four classes).
- Hall building is completed at the Takamori Campus.