Interns are an important part of giving MeySen Academy students more exposure to the English language. The role of the intern can be anywhere from playing and speaking with the children to helping with our program and classroom activity preparation.
Applications Received: All Year Long
Application Screening & Interview Process: January - February
Selection Made: February - March
Internship Dates: Mid / Late May (or Early June) to the beginning of August
- Be involved in speaking English to the children both in the classroom and on the playground
- Assist the classroom teachers in class preparations, playtime, programs, Etc.
- Assist and participate in activities to improve the physical, social, emotional and intellectual development of children
- Prepare indoor and outdoor areas for learning or recreational activities
- Assist in supporting children with intellectual, physical and behavioral difficulties with their academic studies
- Assist children individually to learn social skills
- Assist with the preparation of teaching aids, copying and collating written or printed material
Typical Weekly Schedule:
- 8:15 - 1:15 Immersion Program Assistant
- - Break
- 3:45 - 6:30 Friends Club Assistant
- 8:30 - 11:30AM Friends Club Assistant
- - Break
- 1:00 - 6:00PM (Special programs are scheduled during this time.)
- Day off (Unless there is a program scheduled. If that occurs, a day-off will be scheduled in exchange.)
- Native English speaker
- High school graduate (age 18 and up) or College/University student
- Mature, driven and able to self-direct
- Experience working with children
- Able to perform physical requirements within the everyday playtime and outdoor activities; both on and off campus.
- The intern is responsible for round trip airfare, travel (medical) insurance and spending money.
- The school provides ground transportation between the airport in Japan, on the day of arrival, and the departure date of the school’s choosing.
- The school provides a shared, furnished apartment (within a fifteen-minute walk to the school) and meals.
Internship Availability & Duration:
- Length of Internship 70 to 90 days (90 days is the maximum number of days a person can be in Japan without a work visa.)
- Preference is given to those interns who can arrive mid to late May and can stay until the end of the internship.
- Typical dates of the internship: May 20th to August 13th
Contact: Melissa Elder, MeySen Recruiter